- 2015-2018 BMW M3 S55 Engine (F80)
- 2015-2020 BMW M4 S55 Engine (F82/F83) including GTS
- 2019+ BMW M2 Competition (F87)
- Increase throttle response and decreases turbo lag.
- Cast Aluminum for strength.
- Replaces the factory soft plastic "J" charge pipe that is prone to breaking under high boost.
- Converts the factory plastic retaining clip to a stronger metal C-Clip. Precision CNC machined flange ensures leak free connection to the throttle body. Quick and easy connection and disconnection to throttle body.
- Plug and play installation.
- Charge Pipe features beaded ends and high quality smooth band hose clamps to prevent intercooler piping from coming off from boost.
- Silicone Hump Hose included.
- Optional Type III Hard Black Anodizing (for stealth and OEM look). Hard anodizing helps improve durability of intercooler piping. Resists bent or dented piping.
- Adds a 1/8" NPT port. For use with methanol injection or nitrous. Can also be used as a vacuum/pressure port with the optional vacuum fitting.
- Includes all hardware for complete installation.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Turn up the boost with a tune and find your factory "J" charge pipe break apart? The factory charge pipe is made out of plastic and was not designed to handle the higher boost levels. Well, fear not! The solution is here! Replace it with a higher flowing, stronger cast aluminum "J" charge pipe! Made of cast 6061 high grade aluminum, this will never happen again (backed by our Limited Lifetime Warranty)!
Our Cold Side Charge Pipe is casted from 6061 aluminum. Why did we cast this piece instead of mandrel bent tubing? The factory "J" Charge Pipe runs from the air/water intercooler assembly to the throttle body. It takes a very tight "J" turn which cannot be mandrel bent. The only way accomplish this with mandrel bent tubing is to cut the mandrel bends at an off angle and "rig" pieces together. You will see many other brand "J" pipes in the market with these weird cut angles that are not ideal for optimum air flow and causes turbulence compared to the factory "J" pipe. The factory "J" pipe is a form molded plastic piece. Thus, we form mold casted our "J" pipe out of 6061 aluminum for the ideal flow just like factory. Often ignored, charged intake airflow characteristics greatly affect throttle response, turbo lag and ultimately maximum power potential. Smooth bends and minimal obstructions are ideal.
The factory S55 "J" is secured to the throttle body with a plastic retainer strip. We did not feel confident this plastic retainer clip was going to hold up against high boost so we converted the connection to accept a metal C clip (included in our kit). Once you remove the factory plastic retaining clip, you will understand why we changed it.
With the popularity of methanol injection systems and nitrous systems, our charge pipe come with a 1/8" NPT threaded bung (for methanol or nos injectors) on our "J" charge pipe. This allows quick and easy installation of methanol/nitrous injectors that are used in methanol injection systems and nitrous systems. Each 1/8" NPT bung will come with a plug so that you can run with or without the methanol injector. This is perfect for those who do not have the Methanol Injection yet but plan to do so in the future.
Also, the 1/8" NPT bung can be used as a boost source (with the optional vacuum port fitting). Perfect place to connect your boost gauge or other devices to. The N55 engine does not have a pressurize hose or fitting from the factory that you can easily tap into. Now you do!
Notice of Fault Codes/Check Engine Light - Using any Racing downpipe could result in a check engine light and fault codes, even with sport cats. Although we have heard of cases where no check engine light appeared, these Racing downpipes are not designed to meet emissions testing and regulations. Race software that is specific to your mods is strongly advised to better adapt your car to a racing environment, keep the fault codes from appearing, optimize power gains, and improve general drivability.
Notice of Emissions Non-Compliance. This product is intended only for racing vehicles that may never be used, or registered or licensed for use, upon a public highway. Removing, disabling, or altering emissions equipment on a pollution-controlled road vehicle is illegal. Installing devices or software that trick, disable, or modify emissions controls and monitors on a pollution-controlled road vehicle is also illegal. This product is sold only for racing, competition, track, hobby, or other off-road use. It's use is prohibited in any motor vehicle that is subject to emissions inspection or control. It is not legal for installation or use on any pollution controlled motor vehicle in any state, province, or jurisdiction governed by, or which has adopted, CARB or EPA regulations. Monaco Motorsports may confirm a customer's racing license, entry, or track participation and reserves the right to cancel part(s) that are not for legitimate racing or track purposes. Some suppliers have shipping exceptions to certain states or territories, requiring extra delivery time. We will advise you of any delays.
Please visit Shipping & Returns link below for warranty information:
Please visit Shipping & Returns link below for warranty information: Shipping & Returns